DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
R&D/Ballistic Range Technologist
The R&D Technologists reports directly to the R&D Project Manager
Job Purpose: To plan and conduct work toward specific research and development project goals as directed by the R&D Project Manager, including conducting and document ballistic testing in a safe, efficient manner and keep the Range in ready mode.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
- Required to run, maintain, and ensure the safe operation of a ballistic range
- Armour prototyping and test specimen lay-ups.
- Range and lab testing.
- Transferring techniques to production.
- Work with test equipment to analyze and adjust or align equipment as required.
- Make calculations and prepares charts and other supporting data for reports.
- Analyze technical data using various software programs.
- Determine apparent causes of deviation in test data.
- Prepare technical reports, select methods of presenting data and make recommendations on findings.
- Present findings to senior management and clients as required.
- Assist with quality inspections and documents as required.
- Conduct on and off-site tests on equipment and products.
- Work with clients to resolve any issues or concerns they may have about equipment and its operations.
- Control inventory of all items related to the range
- Work with the ERP system to ensure accurate accounting or range resources and materials
- Support project management in matters relating to program specific tasks.
- Ensure proper management, administration and tracking of projects.
- Review all documents, including drawings and specifications before project commencement as required.
- Help prepare projects schedules and ensure they are adhered to.
- Perform project assessments and prepare accompanying reports for internal and external clients.
- Supervise technicians as required
- Help plan and support range improvement and lean activities
- Travel as required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years' experience as a technologist.
- Education/ Professional Certification:
- Range and ammunition qualifications.
- Firearms license – restricted and non-restricted
- Secret Clearance.
- Technologist diploma or equivalent military experience.
- Maintain all certifications required to act as Subject Matter Expert.
- Excellent organizational skills and scheduling abilities
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and detail-oriented thinker
- Work well within a team environment.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “R&D/Ballistic Range Technologist” in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.