DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Reporting to the Welding Supervisor, welders are responsible to fabricate products safely and efficiently to provided specifications.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
• Perform general shop duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Operate machinery and use tools safely
• Consistently meet all specifications and standards in production
• Perform visual inspections to ensure quality standards are met
• Read, interpret and follow drawings, specifications and assembly instructions
• Ensure work is performed safely and efficiently, with minimal waste
• Meet the productivity standards as established
• Responsible for assisting in meeting all production schedules and deadlines
• Work with the supervisor to resolve any technical, productivity, safety or schedule problems
• Assist in any work area and aid other team members when assigned
• Clean work areas as required
• Wear and use appropriate safety equipment
• Travel as required
• Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems
• Other duties as assigned
• Post secondary education as a Welder/Fitter is preferred
• MIG Aluminum/Steel Canadian Welding Bureau certification would be a significant asset
• Must have, or be eligible for, all current applicable certifications
• Experience in MIG and TIG welding
• Experience operating a variety of production equipment and machines
• Experience reading, interpreting and following blueprints and welding symbols
• Previous experience working in a high-volume production facility
• Detail Oriented
• Excellent work ethic and proven dependability
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proven ability to work well within a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Capable of performing in a high-volume production facility
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please apply with your resume in confidence.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.